Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers tickers

Saturday, March 18, 2006

You May Need to Sit Down for This one...



Today, I did something that I never thought I would ever do. I ran in my first race. Granted it was a 5k, but STILL. You all know me...ME RUNNING?? I was motivated to do this by a very close friend of mine, Johanna Vander Wall. How she actually convinced me of this, I'm still trying to figure out. But to say the least, we did it. We ran the Irish Jig in East G.R. and it was awesome. She had to yell at me a bit at the end, but she got me to the finish line. :) Thank you Johanna for the encouragement and friendship. Along with us was a friend of Jo's, Tonda and Jason. Jason of course whipped us buy more than ten minutes. :) It was a great day and I can safely say I will be running more in the future.

4 comments:

Dan, Tracy, Gracelyn & Olivia said...

Way to go girl!!!! What a champ. Awesome job Lor, we are so proud of you. Sorry we couldn't be there to see it. Loves,

Jason, Johanna and Thys said...

Thats right girl, 7 weeks to train for 5k river bank and no Lauren you will not be quiting with 1/2 a mile to go, we will find your athletic adrenalin, I have full confidence it is in you!!!!!!! So proud of you!! hugs jkmvw

Jason, Johanna and Thys said...

ok, so no Lor didn't exactly quit with 1/2 mile to go lets just say words were exchanged!! Yes we both did finish! Yea!!!!! jkmvw

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see the day! Did your friend have a Prada dipper bag on a pole in front of you the whole time? Or was it an order of something deep fried?

AJ

P.S. Hang in there I´ll be back soon